IPD is about reliability and predictability.
The disruptive building method – which we helped pioneer in Canada - optimizes early engagement from all stakeholders including trade partners, architects, owners and contractors. It puts the right people in the room at the right time and harnesses their talents. This allows for a much deeper level of collaborative construction. IPD also allows stakeholders to thoroughly analyze the scope of the project, pinpoint potential issues and prevent them from occurring early-on.
The IPD approach:
- increases value to the owner
- utilizes lean construction methods
- identifies and eliminates waste areas
- shares progress in real-time
- improves project efficiency at all phases including design, fabrication, and construction
- improves the long-term lifecycle and maintenance of projects
Integrated Project Delivery naturally fosters efficiency and innovation. It relies on the psychology of making shared commitments, and risk and reward sharing. IPD teams have aligned goals and collectively decide how to accomplish them. This results in open and high-performing collaboration.