At Chandos, we believe that building better together includes reaching into the communities in which we serve. Our long-standing partnership with the United Way is one of the ways we do this.
There are close to 6,000 United Way programs across Canada that support those struggling with poverty, hunger, and getting access to education and employment. The organization annually invests $365 million into various initiatives, including:
- helping community members find affordable housing
- funding community gardens, school breakfast programs and food banks
- providing job skills training and continuing education opportunities, as well as assisting with job searches
- helping kids further their education with after-school homework and tutoring programs; and mentoring and leadership development opportunities
- organizing team-building recreation programs; counselling that build self-esteem; and summer camps that promote physical activity
- providing counselling for people dealing with addiction or mental health issues; and helping to build independent living skills for seniors
We've been dedicated supporters of the United Way for 20 years - partnering with them on several local and national initiatives year-round. Additionally, a number of Chandos’ executives have been part of the United Way’s Cabinet, including CEO Tom Redl who was Co-Chair of the Alberta Capital Region’s 2016 campaign.
To date, we have raised $2 million and countless volunteer hours for the communities where we live and work. The United Way's mission of serving those in need, aligns with our own. Together, we can build thriving communities. And brighter futures.
Find out what you can do to help: http://bit.ly/chandoslite
And, participate in our online actions. All proceeds go to the United Way.