Intern Project Coordinator (2 Positions)
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks an Intern Project Coordinator for a 16-month internship starting in May in our Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Operations Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for coordination of project documentation, which includes, but not limited to: meeting minutes, Change Orders/Site Instructions, Owner’s Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, draft Progress Claims, field notices and sustainability requirements including LEED, Waste Management, Erosion and Sediment Control and Materials Testing.
- Set up and maintain project reporting procedures: cost reports, project status reports, document drawing control, shop drawing document control.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of trade contractor site meetings, RFIs, invoices and control document process. Ensure the efficient tracking and use of labour, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Manage all project administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, purchase- order coding, and safety reporting.
- Ensure payment of project invoices is received within agreed timeframes and accounts receivable reports are current.
- Prepare detailed construction schedules, tracking on a weekly basis and report results.
- Manage internal and external contractor and trades
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Engineering Student – Civil Discipline is preferred.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter and resume. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.