BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Purchaser in our Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Procurement team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Work with vendors to obtain products or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Obtain price quotes from multiple suppliers.
- Troubleshoot all discrepancies between accounts payable and vendor invoicing.
- Run reports to support the Operations team budgeting.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or vendor performance.
- Create purchase orders from requisitions.
- Data entry and filing electronic forms.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers.
- Process receipts of goods.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience; which can include a combination training, education and hands on purchasing experience.
- Excellent computer skills with a focus on Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ability to problem solve matters related to accounts payable.
- Experience working independently and handling high volume work demands.
- Familiar with procedures in accounts payable.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.