BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Project Coordinator in our Vancouver branch.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Operations Team. In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for coordination and maintenance of project documentation
- Assist in the management of trade contractor site meetings, RFIs, invoices and control document process.
- Coordinate the permit process as assigned, including the front-counter activities as well as reviewing permit applications and permits for accuracy.
- Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensure that change orders are signed by client in a timely manner, and prior to commencement of the work.
- Perform periodic field inspections of projects both prior to and during construction to determine compliance with approved plans and regulations at the request of inspectors.
- Review construction plans for compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and structural.
As the successful candidate for this position you will bring your:
- Technical diploma in an appropriate construction-related field (CET).
- Engineering degree is preferred.
- One or more years of experience as a Project Coordinator.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.