BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Surveyor in our Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Construction Management Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all duties performed meet occupational health and safety regulations, and comply with the Chandos Construction Safety Manual.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Two or more years of experience in commercial construction.
- Technical diploma or equivalent experience; Gold Seal Certification is considered an asset.
- Experience in Civil 3D; Navisworks experience an asset.
- Ability to work with robotic total station Trimble or Leica.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Independent worker who can work with multiple sub-trades
- An advanced understanding of all construction trades and techniques.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, and good team-building abilities.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, legislation and building codes.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.