Learning & Development Specialist
BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Learning & Development Specialist in our Edmonton or Calgary office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Human Resources team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Research and develop a comprehensive training programs to meet the training needs of the company and provide support to training facilitators and subject matter experts in each operating office.
- Conduct training needs analysis for learning initiatives.
- Design training benchmarks, efforts and costs, and suggest buy versus build opportunities for learning.
- Investigate the content delivered through external training courses and maintain an inventory of training course options to meet individual employee training and development requirements.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts to create instructional design course material.
- Manage Chandos’ Leadership Development Program.
- Implement and manage a company-wide mentorship program.
- Instill the company’s continuous improvement, safety, and collaboration culture through all training modules.
- Incorporate e-learning techniques where advantageous to course delivery.
- Support and coordinate skills training program for operational staff.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of training experience and a proven ability to develop and execute a learning and development program.
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education, Instructional Design, equivalent or combination of education and experience.
- Certified Training Professional (CTP) or Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational training and development methodologies and adult learning principles.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and current training trends.
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative professional environment.
- Computer literate, with effective working skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
- Strong writing, verbal communication and presenting skills.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.