BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? Are you a new grad looking for your first challenge? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks an Estimating/Administrative Assistant in our Edmonton office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic and adaptable individual to support our Estimating, Administrative Support, and Operations teams. In this role your main responsibilities will be providing:
- Administrative support to the estimating team including preparing and maintaining documents, lists, bids, etc.
- Customer service and receptionist duties as primary back-up support coverage for receptionist role;
- Administrative and office management support to the project management staff by maintaining timely and accurate project information and assisting with various project analysis functions.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience; post-secondary education in business administration is preferred.
- Three or more years of direct work experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- Prior work experience within or knowledge of the commercial construction industry and/or project management is a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures related to procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, etc.
- A professional, responsive and positive work attitude.
- Superior telephone manners and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.to changing circumstances.
Our unique culture attracts a high calibre employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.