BUILD YOUR PASSION:
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks a Financial Reporting Accountant for a 12-15-month term in our Edmonton office.
Are you someone who can work in an extremely fast paced environment and thrives on deadlines? We are looking for an energetic individual to support our Finance Team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and other reporting as required for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare monthly overhead and revenue forecasts for the Corporate division and assist in preparing annual budget
- Co-ordinate and be the point of contact for the annual external audit;
- Review monthly adjusting entries and ensure accuracy of the trial balance;
- Biweekly payroll review and backup for salaried payroll processing;
- Administer the employee ownership program;
- Review and ensure internal controls are in place and being adhered to;
- Other reporting and duties as required by the CFO.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will bring your:
- Minimum 5 years of related, progressively responsible work experience with extensive experience in financial statement preparation;
- CPA designation;
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft applications.
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Does the opportunity to work for a 100% employee-owned company appeal to you? Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.