BUILD YOUR PASSION
Where do you stand in your current career? Are you fine with status quo, or do you want an opportunity to make an impact? At Chandos, it’s about alliances and ideas not egos or agendas. We are a leading Canadian builder that seeks an Accounting Supervisor for our Edmonton office.
Are you a senior accountant looking to take the next step in your career? We are looking for an energetic, hands on accountant to support our Edmonton operations team. In this role your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervise, train and mentor the accounts payable and project accounting team
- Assist with monthly budgeting and financial reporting
- Attend monthly project review meetings and work with project managers to ensure accuracy of forecasts
- Work closely with and serve as the main financial support for the Managing Director and operations team
- Ensure accuracy of financial information through approval of invoices, authorization of payments and posting of accruals and adjustments
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as required
- Champion continuous improvement within the Accounting Department
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- CPA designation
- Minimum 5 years of related, progressively responsible work experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in the Construction industry would be considered an asset
In return Chandos offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, employer paid health and dental benefits, pension matching program, support for professional development, company sponsored social events and the opportunity to participate in our employee ownership program.
Our unique culture attracts a high caliber employee, whether it’s in the field or office. Those who thrive at Chandos do so because they understand that their success is dependent on the collective effort. That’s because every Chandos employee demonstrates our core values “WE BUILD BETTER TOGETHER.”
Are you inspired by mutual respect and solid relationships? Do you have a desire to learn and to share what you’ve learned? Want to be part of something bigger than yourself? If you’re looking for the opportunity to make your mark, we should talk. So send us your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. Because opportunity is one thing we’re very big on at Chandos.